At Brooks, Todd & McNeil we will advise you to ensure your auto insurance protects you, your vehicle and your loved ones. While there are numerous ads out there promising cheap auto insurance rates, they do not always guarantee the right coverage. We will help you secure the best coverage for your needs without cutting corners when it comes to your protection. Our agents educate you on the type of auto insurance policy that is best for you.
Types of Auto Insurance
Most states require a minimum amount of insurance coverage for all automobiles to ensure that you and the drivers around you, are protected. It is important to work with an agent who understands the “rules of the road” for your state and can help you to determine what limits make the most sense for you.
The following are some of the basic coverages that are available and how they can be used to build the policy that is right for you.
- Liability Insurance: We can help you determine what limits are best suited for you and your family
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Despite state requirements, you may encounter other drivers who do not have insurance or do not carry a high enough limit. Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance will help to protect if you are involved in an accident with one of these drivers.
- Collision Insurance: This is protection that covers repairs in the event of a collision.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Also referred to as “other than collision” insurance, comprehensive coverage pays for repairs or replacements after events such as theft, vandalism or weather related damage.
- Medical Payments: This very affordable coverage can be applied to medical bills and other expenses you or a family member might suffer if involved in an accident.
There are many components that go into determining coverages and rates; the year and model of your car, where it a garaged, if you have had any accidents, along with other factors, are all taken into account. Some carriers will offer credits for being a good driver, installing telematics on your car, or even being a good student. We recommend that you speak with one of our knowledgeable staff members who will ask you a series of questions to help determine what makes the most sense for you and your family and will help you to find the best price.
Factors That May Determine Your Auto Policy Rates
- Driving Experience
- Driving Record
- Claims Record
- Marital Status
- Previous Insurance Coverage
- Vehicle Type
- Use of Vehicle
- Age of Vehicle
- Annual Mileage
- Car Insurance Coverages + Deductibles
- Credit History
Read our blog to learn more about how these factors may determine your auto policy rates.
Auto Insurance Discounts
When you chose an independent insurance agent, we work for you. That means we will shop your auto insurance and other personal insurance needs to several insurance companies until we find the right package for you. Insurance discounts are something we pay particular attention to on your behalf. Here are some, but not all, of the discounts for which you and your family may be eligible:
- Multi-policy and multi-vehicle discounts
- Good student discounts
- Hybrid vehicle discounts
- Low mileage discounts
- Defensive driving discounts
- Vehicle safety features and anti-theft device discounts
- Loyalty discounts
- AAA discounts
- Recent Graduate Credit
In 2018, MAPFRE introduced DriveAdvisor®, a smartphone app to help drivers stay safe on the road and help save money on their premiums. This voluntary program measures driving habits, including speeding, braking and acceleration. Drivers will not be penalized for poor driving scores. Instead, they will be encouraged to practice good driving habits.
- Five percent enrollment discount.
- Real-time feedback helps correct unsafe driving behaviors.
- Great safety app to help families monitor younger drivers. All rateable drivers with an email address are eligible.
- Rewards safe driving habits with additional discount at renewal – up to 10% based on their score.
For more information click here or contact a Brooks, Todd & McNeil agent.
Contact Us for Competitive Auto insurance Rates
It is easy to get auto insurance quotes from several insurance companies when you contact a Brooks, Todd & McNeil agent. We represent many regional and national insurance providers and will find just the right auto insurance and discounts for all your vehicles. For your convenience we have offices in the Connecticut towns of Torrington, South Windsor, Enfield or our South Carolina offices in Spartanburg and Mullins.